Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shamcey Supsup's Tsunami Catwalk, a Winner at the Miss Universe Pageant - 09/14/11


Our very own Shamcey Supsup was tagged by observers as the “runway diva” when she owned the stage during the swimsuit competition as well as she showcased her signature walk. Although she only managed to to take third runner-up for this year's Miss Universe pageant at the Credicard Hall in Sao Paulo, Brazil, she will forever be remembered by beauty pageant enthusiasts for her "Tsunami Catwalk."

This term did not originate from Shamcey herself but from her Colombian trainor who can't speak English well. In an interview with Shamcey by some Filipino media correspondents this term came out and now it becomes a signature expression for her.

A heavy favorite as the pageant progressed, Shamcey impressed fans with her answer during the Q and A portion. Judge Vivica A. Fox asked Miss Philippines if she would change her religion to marry someone she loves. Shamcey answered "No. I would not change my religion because, first of all, I love my God who created me and if that person truly loves me, he must also love my God”. 

Shamcey was among the top placers in NBC.com's Miss Universe fan voting poll, t
hroughout the competition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites