Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Globe PowerSurf vs. Smart Always On


Smart first introduced the volume-based pricing plan for mobile phones with the Always On and was followed by Globe with their PowerSurf plans. Both might seem to offer similar packages but allowed for some differences depending on consumers’ usage patterns.
Let’s look at the plans being offered on Smart Always On and Globe PowerSurf.


Here’s a shortlist of the differences between the two carriers:
  • Smart Always On offers more price plans with 7 compared to 3 for PowerSurf.
  • Always On has the cheapest package at Php20 for 25MB.
  • Globe PowerSurf 99 is the best bargain at 50MB for 30 days. Assuming you only use FourSquare, Php99 a month for almost unlimited access is great. It’s also the cheapest monthly plan.
  • PowerSurf 299 at 300MB is cheaper than Always On 300 at 250MB.
  • PowerSurf 499 at 1GB is cheaper than Always On 750 at 1GB.
I’ve tried the Always On 20 and Always On 30 on my Android phone before and works well. I tried Always On 200 yesterday on my Smart Rocket and it was good but very expensive.
I’ve also tried PowerSurf 99 on my iPhone and it lasted me 3 days but that was with some web surfing included. I subscribed again and now on my 6th day with PowerSurf 99. Not bad.
Anyone out there using PowerSurf or Always On on their smartphones? What’s your usage like, how much are you spending and which one’s the best fit for your usage.

Join us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Subscribe to The Pinoy Hot Spot by entering your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines Find me on Bloggers.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites